Disclaimer

I do not necessarily support content posted on the blogs of other classmates whose blog links are provided on this site.

Friday, November 6, 2015

The Red Fox Gif

This is the first gif I have ever made in Photoshop. I made the fox in Illustrator, then used Photoshop for the animation, and to make it into a gif file. It was quite fun to animate it, and animating with Photoshop is definitely something I would like to continue doing. The reason the animation in this is not that sloppy (since I am a beginner) is because I have had experience with animations using an application on my DSi from a long time ago called Flipnote Studio. This allowed me to learn how to animate somewhat, and how the fox's head goes down, then back up, can be traced back to the old animating style I learned from watching other people's "flipnotes" on the internet piece of this, called Hatena.
Now, for the complications in creating this piece... Firstly, the stroke of the pen tool in Illustrator is still difficult for me to use, so when I made this fox, I decided to just get rid of it altogether. Secondly, when the fox was being drawn with the pen tool, I did not connect all of the lines together and therefore cresated much empty space in need of orange color. To fix this, I just created one or so orange shapes and hid them over the empty space in the fox. Thirdly, one thing I found frustrating with Photoshop frames is that I could not delete all layers for one frame, yet still have those layers for another. While I could hide layers in one frame and have them show in another, if I deleted a layer, it was gone altogether from all frames. This made it a little more difficult for me to work with the layers and frames. And fourthly, there is one last thing I dislike about using Photoshop's animation feature - there is no "onion skin", allowing you to see on one layer the faded image of the layer before, so you can cause the animation to be smoother without having to cycle between the layers (this was in Flipnote Studio and it was extremely beneficial). Even with these issues, using Photoshop for animation is very fun and easy (though it may take a little bit of time).






No comments:

Post a Comment