Disclaimer

I do not necessarily support content posted on the blogs of other classmates whose blog links are provided on this site.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Weekly Sketch - Winter Fox

This is a piece inspired by winter. I wanted to make it feel like Christmas is approaching, and used the impressionist brush to give it a scratchy feel (it also helps the trees look more natural). After deciding to make the sky pale, add a pine forest, and make the snow look gloopy (using the "gloop" tool), I felt something was missing. So, I decided to put an animal. I made a red fox. At first, the body seemed to be easy to make fit with the picture (other than the fact that it looks like the layer the fox is on is faded, since the snow seems to show through... I don't think this can be fixed, and I think it is attributed to the "gloop" brush being used underneath, since it seems to have texture). However, after I made the body, the eye seemed harder to make. I ended up reducing the size of the impressionist brush and still using it. The eye stands out nonetheless, but it is more natural than it would have been had I used a simple paint brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment