Disclaimer

I do not necessarily support content posted on the blogs of other classmates whose blog links are provided on this site.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Revision of an Old Cereal Box

This is an old Cocoa Puffs cereal box I traced over using Illustrator pen tools, to make it look new. I found this relatively difficult at times, for the pen tool did not seem to want to cooperate. This was mainly on the letters, and odd shapes. I ended up using line tools on the letters, though even those presented some issues. When I would try to add the middle line in "A"s, or the middle line for "E"s, the line would cause part of the letter to disappear. To solve this, I made the lines separate, then moved them to their proper location. I would like to add that, although the letters were difficult to make, my main problem was the colors and the stroke of the pen tool. When I would select a color for the stroke, then one for the main fill, the stroke became transparent. To solve this, I had to try flipping the colors of the stroke and main part, re-select, flip, etc. I did this for almost everything requiring an outline, and I had great difficulty.