Disclaimer

I do not necessarily support content posted on the blogs of other classmates whose blog links are provided on this site.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Weekly Sketch - My Favorite Books

This weekly sketch is dedicated to my favorite books. I did not create any of these pictures, but I cut them from other pictures and edited them in an attempt to make them fit in. Most of these pictures are also official illustrations or book covers, while some are not. In the top right, there is an owl from St. Aegolius Academy for Orphaned Owls holding Soren, who is an owlet. These owls are from the book series Owls of Ga' Hoole by Katheryn Lasky, one of my absolute favorites. Next to the owl on the top left, you can vaguely see an eye. This eye belongs to the "Receiver of Memory" from a book known as The Giver, by Lois Lowry. At the botton left, you can see a mockingbird. This represents the book To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. In the center, you can see a book by Mark Twain. This is The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. In front of it, you can see an orange cat named Firepaw from the Warriors series, by Erin Hunter. In front of him, there is another, smaller cat named Socks, from Socks by Beverly Cleary. I have read this same book around five times. To the far right, you can see a dog named Scruffy, wearing a rope chain. This dog is from a book called Scruffy, by Jack Stoneley. And finally, the background is supposed to be a pile of burning books, from the book Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. These books are some of, but not all of, my favorite books.